We can't believe that November is already upon us. It is getting dark and cold very early here in England and Christmas decorations are already out in stores. We spent all of last weekend working on our flat. We wall papered, finished flooring, painted, and painted some more. Our living room and bedroom are both done! And we have ordered a couch from IKEA to arrive next week. All that's left is painting the bathroom and wall papering and painting the kitchen. It has been lots of work in the beginning, but really worth it to make this place home for us.
This week has kept us quite busy! On Tuesday, we obtained a UK bank account at Lloyds TSB complete with checks and a debit card. Tuesday Night at Canvas was awesome this week. Loads of students came and we ate an Italian pasta bake. Natalie (staff member) interviewed Pete (student at Canvas) about his life and faith journey and it went really well. Tonight we are going to get some Mexican food with some students and I can't wait. We are told that it is one of the best Mexican places around, but not to get our hopes up because it isn't that great compared to what we are used to. Totally worth a shot though! In America we have a Mexican restaurant on every corner, in England there is an Indian restaurant on every corner. The Indian dish of choice is called curry and is very popular here. Somehow lots of the Mexican food here ends up tasting like curry. Still good though.
I wanted to share a few photos of the Canvas House, so check them out:
The outside of Canvas.
The main room where events happen.
The cafe room.
The game room.
Canvas staff photos.
Weekly Canvas events.
PS - Shout out to my sister, Laura! It was her 23rd birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday!! :)
Canvas looks like a really cool place to hang out. And I just love that font... I want that program that makes handwriting into fonts!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the birthday note! I'm glad I got to talk to you on Tuesday but I miss you.