Just wanted to let everyone know that Mikie got back on Saturday around lunch. He was exhausted and sick, but after almost 12 hours of sleep last he is doing much better. (We both are!) Shout out to Ben Gibbs for getting Mike a buddy pass. He got first class both ways and did not have any trouble getting a seat on either flight. Yesterday we did some painting and finally got our Wii hooked up. We accidentally blew out our power cord and had to buy a new one on Amazon. At least the Wii didn't get blown up! We also installed some much needed coat racks and mirrors in our flat. It is definitely feeling like home now.
Today was an exciting day for me because I went on a hunt for a nice frying pan with a lid and I found one. We only had a really small one from IKEA that didn't have a lid and it was so difficult to cook with. I had had enough of trying to make it work, so I went to a few stores around Selly Oak and found a perfect pan. And the best part is that is was 1/2 off! So it only cost us 15GBP instead of 30. And I used it tonight to cook chicken carbonara and it was amazing. The little things in life. :)
In other news, the Globalscope Germany team is visiting us this week. They arrived this afternoon and we were able to hang out with some of them for a while. Chris Coleman joined us for dinner and we played Mikie's new game, Agricola. It is so good to see friends from college. And even better because they are living a similar life to us and understand what it is like to work in campus ministry in a foreign country. So we are really looking forward to spending time with the whole team this week. We have another busy week ahead and Thanksgiving Dinner at Canvas is on Thursday night and we are quite excited!
I bought a steamer for vegetables and a potato masher, I just couldnt handle it anymore too. Glad you are settling in and have fun with the Germany team!
ReplyDelete