The last event of the year was a Christmas concert with a band called Mosaic. One of our past exchange students is in the band and they were stopping by on the way home from Africa. So they played a Christmas concert for Canvas on Tuesday night and it was awesome! They mixed in a few originals with some traditional Christmas songs. We started off the evening with traditional British holiday foods including mince pies, mulled wine, cheese and crackers, and veggies. The band played the first set, we took a break, and the second set started with an offering for the Casas trip that Canvas is taking in June. 32GBP was donated! At the end of the second set everyone got a candle and the people in the front lit their candles and the flame passed to the back of the room. (Apparently this is common in the States, but I have never seen it happen. The students loved it!) I think we got some of it on video and I will post it if I can find it. The concert was a great ending to a great term. Everyone is going home for the holidays and we have one more week of work and then we are on Christmas break until the 4th. :)
Mosaic (only half of the band was here)
The candle lit songs at the end.
Mike and Lauren
Fielder, Aaron, Ash, Katie (exchange student), Rachel (past exchange student, Mosaic member)
Alli and Lane (exchange student) preparing food





No comments:
Post a Comment